Mounting emitter with screws will guarantee a great performance over long time. We highly recommend using screws whenever possible.
The emitter drops an infrared curtain in front of the display which, when intercepted with your finger, signals a touch event. The interaction surface must be absolutely flat and stable (hanging canvas won't work).
Note:If you are using Ubi emitter v1, please scroll down for the instruction.
For Ubi Emitter V2
- Screw the emitter base plate on the wall 2 inches above the display.
- Snap the emitter unit on the base plate.
- Remove the cover from the emitter unit.
- Turn on the visible light switch from the side of the emitter.
- Place the markers at the designed position (dotted circle)
- Adjust the emitter tilt by using the top knob, you will see a visible red light shooting parallel to the surface. Tilt it until the red light hits the markers.
- Use the bottom two knobs if needed to tilt left and right.
- Continue to adjust sensitivity when both cross hairs shows up.
- Put the cover back to the emitter unit.
For Ubi Emitter v1
You can follow these steps carefully to have a perfect installation.
1) Position emitter 1-2 inches above the projection image and mark the screw holes with pen.
2) Drill four small holes on the marked position with a driller.
3) Apply the brown double sided tape on the emitter and peel off the protection film.
4) Cut a small piece of paper (roughly 1x1 cm, name card thickness)
5) Paste emitter carefully with four screw holes aligned.
6) Put the round white markers at the corners as marked.
7) Tilt the emitter slightly in or out and you should see a faint white band moving up and down inside the greenbox. Tilt it until the white band just disappears at the bottom of the greenbox, and you should see two cross hairs on the markers.
8) Start screwing the emitters carefully. Always check if the cross hairs are still there. If not, undo what you did. You can disconnect the power to screw the top right screw. And recalibrate Ubi to switch on the emitter.
9) Verify the emitter is placed properly by moving your finger across the entire display.
10) Remove the markers and the wedge paper and click continue to finish the rest of the setup.
Note:When using screw, please always use the small screws provided in the package. Do not use anchor or other screws. When you screw, make sure the emitter is flush against the interaction surface.