Release Notes - Ubi - Version Ubi 3.1.0
=== New ===
* Add "Windows" and "Switch App" button to UbiMenu for easy navigation between applications and start screen.
* Add manual calibration feature for calibrating Ubi in hard conditions or special surface with or without display.
* User can skip the "Touch" or "In-Air" mode selection step for faster start-up. The selection option can be turned back on from UbiService->Settings.
* Add more settings to UbiService to customize Ubi.
=== FIX ===
* Disabling visual feedback will cause Ubi to quit.
* Backwards compatibility with older version of Ubi.(before Ubi 2.6)
=== Improvements ===
* Enlarge the preview window for better viewing.
* Higher success rate when calibrating in bright room or low projector contrast.
=== Known issues ===
* Noise might occur on the left boundary of the screen. Restart Ubi if ghost pointers are present.
* Running Ubi without admin mode ON, interaction will not work with the Ubi menu and with certain windows on.
* When running Ubi without admin mode ON, the visual feedback will appear but you will not be able to interact.
* Shiny objects such as a shiny bracelet or watch may cause ghost pointers when using Pen with Xbox sensor on a very reflective projection surface (like a white board).
* Sunlight can interfere with the 1st generation Kinect.
* If a user is in metro mode while the sensor is connecting, Ubi will not take him to the desktop mode. This will also cause calibration failure, if auto-calibration is enabled.
* The tilting function might fail due to a bug in Kinect for Windows SDK. Unplug and replug the sensor if you want to use the tilting function.