Release Notes - Ubi - Version 2.8
** New in Version 2.8
- The Ubi Annotation Menu
- Annotate over any app in both desktop and metro mode
- Use the whiteboard for brainstorming and drawing
- Toggle seamlessly between your desktop and the whiteboard
- Save all your annotations as images in My Pictures
- Physical Setup Optimizer
- After initial calibration, Ubi understands your current physical setup and provides feedback on how to further optimize it in order to achieve better performance.
- In-air gesture visual feedback
- In-air gestures now supports 2 users interacting simultaneously with each user assigned a specific color.
** Known issues
- Shiny objects such as a shiny bracelet or watch may cause ghost pointers when using Pen with Xbox sensor on a very reflective projection surface (like a white board).
- The tilting function might fail due to a bug in Kinect for Windows SDK. Unplug and replug the sensor if you want to use the tilting function.
- Noise might occur on the left boundary of the screen. Restart Ubi if ghost pointers are present.
- Sunlight can interfere with the 1st generation Kinect.
- Running without admin mode, interaction will not work with floating menu and with certain windows on
- If a user is in metro mode while the sensor is connecting, Ubi will not take him to the desktop mode. This will also cause calibration failure, if auto-calibration is enabled.
- When running Ubi without an admin, the visual feedback will appear but you will not be able to interact.