Starting from Ubi 3.2.0, Ubi can run without admin privilege. It can be handy when organization wants to offer Ubi to non-admin users.
By default Ubi requires admin privilege to run. But you can change it at UbiService->Settings and uncheck "Run As Admin" option.
Here are the pros and cons of running Ubi with and without admin privilege.
||With Admin Privilege (Default)
||Without Admin Privilege (Beta)
- Slightly more responsive.
- Touch events are always passed to the system.
- Displays can be in extended mode if there are more than one display connected.
- Non-admin user can use Ubi.
- Can interact with any UI, including popup windows.
- Supports Digitizer.
- Doesn't require human intervention at start-up.
- Require administrative privilege.
- Require human intervention at start-up.
- Cannot interact with system popup windows.
- Doesn't support Digitizer.
- Sometimes the system might not respond. Need to restart the computer or even reinstall Ubi.
- Displays have to be duplicated if more than one display is connected.
- Slightly less responsive.
Running Ubi without admin privilege is still in Beta as of now.
Please contact us if you have any problem or issue.