Starting from Ubi 5.4, we allow user to specify any arbitrary shape of area is interactive. Here are the steps:
-------For single camera setup:-------
- Disconnect Ubi camera.
- Go to UbiService and choose Quick Calibration from settings.
- Connect camera and wait for Ubi application to start. (Resize the Ubi application if needed).
- Start MaskSelection.exe from the C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubi\ folder.
- Drag and resize MaskSelection.exe to cover the Ubi application exactly.
- Click (from top left) on the MaskSelection.exe window with mouse to specify the area that will be interactive.
- A MaskPoints.txt file will be generated at C:\Users\Public\Documents\ubi\ubi\config once the geometry is completed (back to point 1).
- Quit MaskSelection.exe and UbiService.
- Go to config folder (C:\Users\Public\Documents\ubi\config) and open MaskPoints.txt
- At the same config folder, open gesturelibparams_custom.xml
- Copy values in MaskPoints.txt to <custom_displaymask>[VALUES FROM MASKPOINTS.TXT]</custom_displaymask> tag in gesturelibparams_custom.xml.
- Save gesturelibparams_custom.xml and restart UbiService and perform a standard calibration.
- Then you should see a special geometry, inside the rectangular/trapezoid green box at the IR view step.
- Finish the setup and try to interact.
- If everything works fine after some testing, then you can plug other cameras back and go back to skip calibrate.
- Repeat for other cameras if needed.
------- Shrink the dot pattern area:-------
If the dot pattern is out of your interactive areas, you can limit them to the center of the screen by adding some margins between the dot pattern and the border. To do that, you can open C:\Users\Public\Documents\ubi\config gesturelibparams_custom.xml. and specify the margin by setting the values in <border_width_pattern>0</border_width_pattern>
------- Shrink the fine tune sensitivity area:-------
If the red cross is out of your interactive areas, you can limit them to the center of the screen by adding some margins between the red cross and the border. To do that, you can open C:\Users\Public\Documents\ubi\config gesturelibparams_custom.xml. and specify the margin by setting the values in <border_width_finetune>0</border_width_finetune>